-Visit the website and enter your email address so you can be added to the list! (NEW MEMBERS PLEASE DO THIS ASAP!)
-Follow @troupe2035 on Twitter. If you don't have an account, text: "follow troupe2035" to 40404 in order to get updates sent directly to your cell phone.
-Add yourselves to the Facebook group! Name: SHSW Thespian Troupe 2035
-Seniors, Junior (who aren't taking the PSAT), and highly motivated sophomores: Sign up for the NYC Thespian Conference here.
-Submit Safe Halloween & Homecoming Ideas in the suggestion box.
-If you have any questions, email one of the officers or Mr. B!
1. THE CRUCIBLE AUDITIONS (Directed by J. Brannigan) will be on Wednesday, September 25th & Thursday, September 26th after school in the Little Theatre. Sign up sheet is on the LT door. Please prepare a one minute dramatic monologue. Callbacks will be on Friday, September 27th. (Rehearsal Dates are Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 2:15-4:55; Performance dates are November 8th & 9th)
2. THESPIAN CONFERENCE: Sign up is on the blog. Price is TBA (I believe it's the same as last year's price). The conference is a day in NYC full of theatre workshops and presentations! It will be a lot of fun, and spots are limited so SIGN UP!
3. ISLAND HARVEST FOOD DRIVE: Saturday, October 26th from 9AM-1PM. Sign up will be on the website in the coming weeks. We need boxes (to put the food in) and parents with pick up trucks to deliver food back to the school. NOTE: The ACT is the same morning. Test takers won't be able to help with the actual food drive, but are more than welcome to help bring the collected food back afterwards.
4. HOMECOMING: Saturday, October 12th. (Parade in the morning... followed by activities in the afternoon and football game @ 4PM) We are planning to do face-painting again this year, but for a shorter time. If you have additional ideas, submit them through the suggestion box/and or email an officer.
5. SAFE HALLOWEEN: Friday, October 25th, 2013. WE NEED IDEAS ASAP. If your interested in directing/participating, let the advisor/officers know as soon as possible so we can put together a committee. If you are not planning to do The Crucible, this is a perfect fall performance you can earn points for!
6. STAGE TECH: If you are interested in joining, there will be a meeting during the first week of October. Listen for announcements and look for flyers! (NOTE: You can be a part of both the Thespian Troupe and Stage Tech!)
I can't wait to get to know everyone better! I have a feeling it's going to be a great year! :)