Hello Dolly Auditions have been moved to December 12 and 13!!!
Monday, November 14, 2011
- We have a new point system. Pick up your Point tracking folder Thursday around 2:00.
- There will be a Stage tech meeting this Wednesday
- Tune in to Showtime at 5pm to see Thespian documentaries
- For information on the Musical, Hello Dolly look at the last post
- The meeting on Monday November 28, 2011 will be in the chorus room
Thursday, November 10, 2011
This years musical production will be the Herman classic, Hello Dolly!
Auditions will be held the week of December 5. For the audition, you should prepare 32 mm. of a song as well as a monologue that is 1-2 minutes in length. This song should be from standard musical theatre repertoire.
The callbacks will be held that week and will consist of cold readings that Ms. Siano and I will have pre-selected.
Signups will be posted soon on the Little Theater door.
For more information go to http://christychoir.blogspot.com/p/musical.html
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
- The Halloween bake sale will be on halloween, October 31, 2011. If you would like to donate store brought baked goods please sign up to do so on the Website's Committee page.
- If you would like to work on concessions for the drama, Fool's, Please see Amanda Levy, the Student Producer, as soon as possible. The shows are November 4, and 5 at 7:30.
- The Safe Halloween rehearsals are everyday this week except Tuesday. The final dress rehearsal is this Friday. Tuesday will be used as a set-up day. There will also be set-up this Saturday starting at 9am and ending by 12pm.
- This past Saturday a group of 9 juniors and Seniors and our 3 advisors went to the New york Thespian Conference if you would like to receive info on directing see Jeanmarie if you would like to receive notes on the business of broadway and theater life see Amanda Levy.
Monday, October 17, 2011
- If you are attending the Thespian Conference the train will be leaving the Deer Park station at 6:55 be there extra early so that you can purchase your train ticket.
- If anyone can help make posters for the fall drama there will be a meeting this Wednesday, October 19, 2011 to make these posters.
- Please sign to donate or volunteer for the halloween bake sale by 10pm on Friday, October 28, 2011.
- If you are interested in helping with the concessions for the drama please see Amanda Levy the student producer of the production.
- The final dress rehearsal for Safe Halloween is Friday, October 28, 2011.
- There will be set-up for Safe Halloween on Saturday, October 29, 2011 starting at 10am and going no later than 12pm.
(There was not a full member meeting on this day.)
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- There will be a food Drive @ Stop and Shop on main street this Saturday, October 15. We need people to collect boxes for this event. To sign up go to the website's committee page.
- At the next Thespian meeting, Ocober 24, we will be taking a troupe photo.
- If you are interested in helping out with the drama please see Amanda Levy as soon as possible.
- There is a Stage and Tech meeting today after school.
- Please sign up for the Halloween Bake Sale to donate and colunteer free periods on the websites committee page.
- If you are interested in helping out with Safe Halloween please see Kaitlyn. There will be a meeting for Safe halloween.
Monday, September 26, 2011
- If anyone would like to help out backstage for the fall drama, Fools, see Amanda Levy, the student producer.
- The first Tech and Lighting club meeting will be in the little theater tomorrow, September 27.
- We will be having a food Drive in the upcoming months that will kick off on Saturday, October 15 at the Stop and Shop on main street, in smithtown. Where we will be asking people for donations. To sign up to ask for donations, on this day, please go to the website's committee page. We will need boxes for this event. We will also need people to make signs advertising the food drive.
- There will be a Thespian Conference in New York City Saturday, October 22, 2011. The Theme is superheroes, we will not be dressing as such. There are scholarship opportunities available to seniors that attend. There is a $10 fee for members and a $15 fee for non-members, plus the cost of a train ticket. To sign up to attend click here. Spots to attend are not guaranteed and will be given to upperclassmen first.
- There will be a Halloween bake sale on Halloween. We ask for volunteers to help sell the baked goods as well as setup and cleanup. We also ask that people donate store bought/non-homemade baked goods because without baked goods there can be no bake sale. To sign up to donate or volunteer, go to the website's committee page and scroll all the way down, there are separate sheets for baking and donating.
- Safe Halloween need about 2 stage crew members as well as set designers to sign up for both see Kaitlyn by wednesday.
Monday, September 12, 2011
- Homecoming is Saturday, September 24, to sign up to be on the homecoming committee that will be marching and helping with the troupe go to the website's committee page and fill out the homecoming form. We ask that everyone be at the firehouse on Plymouth ave. by 10:45 am. The parade will begin at 11am.
- Safe Halloween will be on October 31, Halloween. Auditions are Tuesday September 20, and Wednesday September 21 in the Little Theater.
- The auditions for the Drama are on Wednesday, September 14 and Thursday September 15
- Our First Pizza Sale will be Next Monday, September 18. We will also be having a bake sale in the near future.
- There will be forms to sign up for committees on the website under the label of comities on the navigation bar on the left side of the website. The only committee form currently being enlisted for is the homecoming committee.
- Please join the Theater Arts class if you have 9th period free; it is taught by Mr. Brannigan.
- Mr. Miller will be advising the Lighting and Crew Club; it will be meeting once a moth the first meeting is t.b.a.